Byrne Plywood was founded in 1954 by a gifted salesman named Jim Byrne. Initially, Jim offered plywood to the many lumber companies in southeastern Michigan. He found a niche wholesaling rail cars full of plywood to various lumber sellers across the United States.  As the automotive business began to flourish, Jim saw opportunity with GM, Ford, and Chrysler plants in the region. He steered the company in their direction and found success gearing his inventory toward the industrial and manufacturing user.

 

Today, the business is co-owned by Mary Beth Byrne and Keith Loruss, who learned as much as possible from Jim beginning in the early 1980s. Byrne Plywood remains “in the family” and continues to honor Jim’s legacy with a persistent core philosophy of selling and servicing specialty wood products for industrial applications.